Saturday, January 26, 2008

Time To Warm Up Part II

Ok, I promised a couple of weeks ago that I would post more pictures to help warm us up. This first picture is Mona, John, and me after lunch at the JW Marriott. Of course, John let everyone know he was a Tennessee Volunteer. By the way, Mona is on manovers with the Hawaii Air Guard until Feb. 6th in Thialand. I pray she has a safe trip!
This is a picture from Pali Highway at Kaneohe where Mona lives. The clouds hug up to the top of the mountains every day. It is absolutely breath taking!

This is Turtle Bay on the North Shore. The waves in the winter time are huge, this is of course was taken in the month of May. The beautiful waters are absolutely breath taking! The light house in the distance is a huge attraction. I will put in a picture of Sunset Beach, North Shore soon. That's where the Pipe Line Surfing is hosted each January.

You can not go to the North Shore without stopping at the famous Matsumoto's General Store at Haleiwa. The shaved ice is absolutely the best I have ever eaten! This business has been open for almost 100 years. The locals started going there while they were up there for the waves. I think that there were as many locals in line as tourist. When we stopped, there was a line about 90+ people wrapped outside the building, around the corner, and down the street. I know why, it was that good!
I hope I have warmed you up some, since it's so cold and no snow in sight.



No comments: