Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Looking For Some Warm Sun and Breezes

Yes, I know that it is January, and it's about 30* today....but, my heart belongs in the sun with the sand between my toes. I wanted to share some of my favorite places that I love to visit. Especially with it being 80* there right now! My friend Mona lives in Kaneohe, Hawaii on the island of Oahu. Kaneohe is on the bay on the east side of the island. It is surrounded by mountains. The picture in my header is of Hanauma Bay. It is like a picture post card. We went snorkeling there one afternoon after sunning ourselves at Waikiki. We swam with the fish on the reef and what was so funny is when John met up with an eel. Now, I know that you need a full day there! One of my favorite ways to from Mona's house to Honolulu is on Pali Hwy. The views are breath taking! From mountains with beautiful clouds looming at their peaks to beautiful Stairway To Heaven. It has two underground tunnels that bring you right into Waikiki. These pictures are of a beautiful wedding chapel that is located at the JW Marriott Hotel. Couples get married there every 30 minutes 24 hours per day 7 days per week. If you are dreaming of a destination wedding, well look no further! The glass on the windows are the most beautiful stained glass I have ever seen! Also, you can rent everything that you need from them right there and don't have to worry about bringing it the 4,900 miles.
The main reason John and I wanted to go there was for the beautiful 3 Pools. These 3 lagoons are absolutely to die for! We were on a mission that day with Mona to make it up to the North Shore and go to Sunset Beach and Turtle Bay. All I can say is that I am so blessed by sharing this with John. I had been several years ago but had not been back in several years. But I guess you can see that we absolutely soaked up some sun.
Ok, this is Sandy Beach. Sandy Beach is about 15 minutes from Hanauma Bay. Mona's husband Gordon said that we were Loh Loh's for going swimming there. I know that I wanted to take John to where the surfers were long boarding. We had an absolute ball. We took our lunch and camped out there all day. Of course that is John with his hands on his hips watching that 15' wave come in. That would be the one that took him out. In the winter months, the currents make the waves at the North Shore large. In the summer months the currents push the waves up at the southern shores. The only thing I wish I had was an inter tube! We were almost crippled after that day, but boy I wouldn't trade it for anything!

This is the lookout at Sandy Beach. To the left is the beach and to the right is this breath taking set of cliffs. This is where Here To Eternity was filmed. You can't see them, but there are people actually swimming down there in the lagoon area. They are the Loh Loh's.



I will try to share more photo's and comments to help warm all of us up! I promise that I will leave out the ones with me in my swim suit!


No comments: