Monday, December 10, 2007

Welcome To Our Home For Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone! My children, John and I put our Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving. I am sorry that I haven't shared this with you before today. In years past we always put up a real tree. This is when I worked for AP and Michael Hallum. They always let me go to the field and pick out a beautiful Blue Spruce. Decorating our tree is a family tradition that we love! We always decorate it the day after Thanksgiving, now matter how early we got up that day to go Christmas shopping. Dillon and Katie put all of the ornaments on the tree just as is. They did a great job! And what about my Ho, Ho, Ho? I love this! Kathy Brewer and I were shopping in Murfreesboro last year and spotted these adorable letters! I just couldn't resist! When you walk in the back door that is the first thing you see along with the tree.
Several years ago we put in our hardwood floors and I love my oak steps and handrails. My friend Holly gave me these darling Joy, Friends, Hope, and Love ornaments. I think that it just makes my decorations look so festive.


Our matle keeps growing and growing each year. Over the years I have collected Old World Santa's and Snowmen. I have all shapes and sizes. This year my children wanted me to put my Hawaiian decorated trees and my Santa's and Snowmen together infront of the fireplace. And of course, I did. I love the red, white, and silver colors. Some of the things down there are the most precious things I own. Of course, it's the decorations my children have made or given me over the years. My childrens stockings are very special to me as well. I made each one of their stockings when they were babies for their First Christmas presents. Ms. Fuzzy did a wonderful job on mine and John's. We got those last year when ours fell apart (after 21 years).


This picture doesn't give my mantle justice. It is my absolute favorite thing in my house at Christmas! With the beautiful crystal snowflakes falling from the ceiling and everything with a hint of ice and sparkle. Who says you can have too much bling? Not me! I hope that eveyone remembers the true meaning of Christmas!


No comments: