Thursday, December 20, 2007

Jam Cakes and Christmas Sweets!

I know that some folks have their own traditions, from making Christmas candy to shopping trips. At my mother-in-law's her tradition is to make everyone in the family Jam Cakes. She gives everyone in the family one for Thanksgiving. Of course, ours doesn't make it past Thanksgiving. It is wonderful! She has a recipe that is Top Secret. She has shared this recipe with me and I was so tickled when Dean Gay asked me to make her one! This is a double layer cake with all of the bells and whistles inside. The cake has cream cheese icing between the layers and is smothered with delicious caramel icing. I love to decorate it with the traditional cherries and whole pecan pieces. I hope that Dewey stays out of it until Christmas! Dean is my cousin through the Griffith clan. I just love them to death! Merry Christmas!Just can't stop making those delicous cookies! I am taking orders through Friday, Dec. 21st for cakes, pies, candy, and trays. Orders placed by 5 p.m. on Friday can be filled for Sunday, Dec. 23rd pickup or delivery.

No comments: