Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Sweet Honest Words of a Child

I know that I have asked myself the question "Am I teaching my children what I want them to know and believe?" Well, my question was answered Friday when my daughter Katie's picture was in the Mini Standard as the 1st place winner of the Writing Contest. Her essay was so sweet. For those who didn't get a chance to read it, here it goes:
Let's Give Thanks
I am Thankful for the sun and the moon, the day and the night, God created us and all the pretty sights.
I am thankful for my family and friends. I'm thankful for the veterans who serve in the army to fight for our freedom.
I am thankful for Jesus dying on that cruel cross for our sins.
I am thankful for just being myself in who I am!
I am thankful for my bestfriends, Alejandra, she is always right beside me, helping me when I'm feeling blue.
I am thankful for my life!
I was speechless and teary eyed! I am thankful for my three beautiful children! I love you very much!

No comments: