Thursday, November 15, 2007

What Am I Thankful For?

Well, one year my husband asked what we were thankful for? We went around the room answering this question. Some said for their spouses, some said for their family, some said for their kids, and so on.

I want to share with you what I am thankful for.

First, I am thankful for having such a wonderful Heavenly Father! God has blessed us with more than we could even imagine. He gave his son to die for our sins. I can't imagine giving one of my children for everyone else! What love he has for us!

Second, I am thankful for having such a wonderful set of christian parents! My father has been passed away for over 14 years. I miss him so much! My mother is the backbone of our family. She has been such a wonderful christian example for me and for so many other people. I love my mother very much!

Third, I am thankful for my best friend, my husband John. He is my support system. I am so blessed to have a man to love me as much as he does! Most of all, I am blessed to have a man who loves God like he does!

Fourth, I am thankful for my three precious children. I have been blessed by having them be part of my life. I don't remember what life was before them. Sometimes I get all caught up in running from point A to point B all the way to point Z in a day. One thing I can always count on is my children being my cheerleaders. They are always there cheering me on in whatever I am doing.

Fifth, I am thankful for my Christian family at Westwood. When Dillon broke his hip in May, they were there for us-All the way! Our Elders, Deacons, Coy, Bettye Ann and the entire congregation gave us encouragement and lifted us up when were so unsure of tomorrow. David has been so good for our kids. He has made Dillon feel so alive for Christ!

And I could go on all night with more, but finally I am thankful for my friends. Through the good, the bad, and the ugly, you have stuck right beside me and held me up at times. 2007 has been a trying year for our family. When Dillon almost died in January, John Ryan's surgery, Dillon's accident in May and two surgeries and long recovery, & John's two surgeries, you were there for us. The prayers, visits, phone calls, cards, and words of encouragement helped us get through these hard days. Each one has a special place in my heart and I love each one of you very much!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Joy this is a beautiful post!!!