Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Lake!

Tiffany Sadlon asked me a few weeks ago to make her son Lake's first cake. She wanted to use the "Rubber Duckie" theme. I have been thinking ever since she called about how I wanted to do his cake. She said that she needed to serve about 35 guests. I knew that I would need a pretty big cake for this task. So.....I wanted to do something a little different than the duck in the bath tub....and I thought about a sweet little duck floating in a pond.
This cake is a Classic White cake with buttercream icing. I did not smooth the icing on this cake like I would normally. This time I did the sides like Jenna Bush's Wedding Cake. She wanted it to look a little more masculine for her husband. His pond is a homemade extra large sugar cookie. With cattails, beautiful blue water, and grass growing all around the pond....this is the cutest cake ever! My family thought it was the cutest little boys cake ever too!
Happy 1st Birthday Lake!

1 comment:

tiffany s said...

Joy,
Thank You SOOO Much for the delicious cake!! It was SOOO CUTE!! Everyone loved it tonight! Lake kept pointing at the cake and said "Ooooooh"! This was a perfect cake for his 1st birthday! Everyone asked me where I got it from and I mentioned your name. I think most of my family knew you. Again, thank you so much!! You made my son's 1st birthday just PERFECT!! :)
~Tiffany